Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Back to School

Yay! My favorite time of year has arrived: the start of a new School  year! I wish I could be one of those Moms who love summer vacation. I don't! I like schedules and home work and regular routines (not to mention losing two of my four for a good portion of the day - unfortunately its the easy ones I lose).

The girls were so excited to chose their outfits and both wanted curly hair. Aliya loves curly hair, Tae not so much but she wanted it for the first day. We did learn that curly hair does not last long when its 110 degrees and 100% humidity. Yet another  lesson learned! Heres to a great school year!
 I cant believe my little Aliya is now in 1st grade. She's got a great teacher and a terrific class. She picked her outfit out all by herself. I tried to encourage something that matched, she thought this did, end of discussion. The 'arm warmers' are her favorite. They belong with a different shirt but she was most excited about this shirt with the gloves. I get a kick out of the clothing combinations she puts together. I swear it was only last year Tae stopped asking me to pick out her clothes. Aliya has NEVER let me pick them out. She has a style all on her own and she rocks it!
 Sassy-Miss-Sassy-Pants. Girl is a bundle of energy wrapped up in a lot of hair!
 Wow, a 4th grader. I cant believe it! She is so big and grows up before my eyes everyday. I love her fun, quirky personality. She too has an awesome teacher and has a couple good friends in her class. She's gotten to the age where she's all about what she wears. Most of the time I like the stuff she picks out ... her shoes are a different story. I'll have to find some pics of those!
I love this picture ... her body language says it all: "Mom, are we done yet?". Luckily she is a good sport and plays along with my million picture taking. I love you girls and cant believe you are both getting so old. I miss you while you are away but I love hearing about all the fun things you do each day. Thanks for being the best daughters a mom and dad could ever ask for!

3 comments:

Ticey said...

Tami, they look so big and grown up! Hope they both have a great school year!!

Krysta said...

Awwww...they look so cute and grown up! Tae's hair has gotten So long. Love it! Yaaaaaay for school!

Rochelle said...

What a total tween-ager. Where has all the time gone??