Monday, August 22, 2011

Taeya's 9th Birthday Party

Taeya turned 9 while we were in Utah so her friend party was delayed by almost 2 months. When we finally were able to have the party, she had the details ALL planned out. She wanted to tie dye underwear ... luckily I couldn't find enough plain white underroos for 8 girls so we did tank tops and socks. I was surprised how well it went. I expected to have dye everywhere. Luckily we only had one spill and it was from my birthday girl so I couldn't get too mad. I sent the finished projects home with the girls to sit over night and then be washed later. Our stuff turned out great, I hope the others did too.

 Taeya then wanted to do friendship bracelets and boondoggle. For their party favors she wanted each girl to get her own box to hold all the necessary supplies. She had so much fun picking out the stuff to go in them and organizing it so each girl got the same amount of each color. Tae is definitely my child that wants to make everything fair. We decorated the boxes at first then after the tie dye project Tae set about teaching them all how to do it. I don't think all the girls got a good lesson but hopefully enough to continue on with it.
 Aliya was all about tie dye that day. She  was showing off her shirt from horse camp. I love this picture of her carrying all the bags. She thought she was so cool being at a 4th grade party. Not sure the older girls liked it but tough, she gets to be there!
 This is Emma from Tae's school class. She was pulled out half way through the school year to be home taught and the girls had recently reconnected at Girl Scout day camp.
 Tae and her BFF Kaylee. They have so much fun together. I love it when Kaylee comes over. The girls just disappear and have a blast!
 Tae and Abby ... they are in Husky Paws together this year so will get to do a lot of fun service projects together.
 Tae and Paulina, her school BFF
 Tae and Ashlan, friends from school!
 Thanks girls for making Tae's 9th b-day great!
CRAZY, crazy girls!

2 comments:

Ticey said...

Happy Birthday Taeya! You do such fun things for your kids birthday's - I bet everyone loves coming to their parties!!

Krysta said...

Kaylee had so much fun! I love how Tae is all about the crafts. Everytime I see her, she is making something...at church on Sunday I think she had her boondoggles. Even when she came over before the football game she had her craft bag with her. Love it!!