Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Childrens Museum

 Just another reason why we love Uncle Matt. I swear the decibel levels in my house shoot up a million extra points when he's around but it is always so much fun!
 We figured we'd use Uncle Matt's visit as an opportunity to hit the Houston Children's Museum. We've been wanting to go but frankly, I just haven't been up for the drive. I don't mind driving anywhere near us but when I am forced to go through downtown Houston I am grumpy. The roads suck, the drivers are horrible, there are both and left exits from the same lane ... its chaos!
 Luckily Daddy had taken a couple days off so HE got to make the drive ... I got to hold on tight while fearing for my life (seriously, I swear I am turning into an old Idaho driver. I can make that judgemental statement ... I've lived there and I think Idaho drivers are the worst).
 It is HUGE! We have a Children's Museum right near us in The Woodlands but its small. This sucker we didn't even come close to exploring. We ended up buying a years membership and I've already been back (yep, drove through down all by myself to get there)!
 They have a big outdoor exhibit that Blakers loved (can you tell from the smile)!
 Aliya loved that she could paint her face herself (she got a make up kit for Christmas so she'd been doing a ton of face painting but these paints were 'cool')!
I don't know if it is because she is a lefty or just cuz she's 5 but she can write her name perfectly backwards. She can write sentences perfectly from right to left and the letters are perfectly backwards. Tony worries she may be dyslexic ... I worry that she is too smart!

No comments: