Those of you that know me know that I hate guns. I dont like 'um and I just dont see the need for Joe Blow to have them. I'm fine with law enforcement people having their guns but otherwise, I dont see the need. Tony says its cuz I'm a Democrat, I say its because I just dont like them. Anywhoo, one afternoon the men in our ward did a 'man-richment' and went clay pigeon shooting (for the first time that is one activity I didnt want to go to). Afterwards Tony was cleaning his gun and our kids were very curious (thank heavens Blake was asleep -- he would have LOVED it). So Tony taught them all about guns and gun safety. I'm glad he took the time and showed the girls the gun and talked about all the bad things that could happen. Although I wish he had not let them see the dumb thing, I am glad he took the time to educate them. Unfortunately they've since asked twice to see it ... grrr. Its not a toy!
Yea, this picture sums up the difference between little girls and little boys. My girls are all serious and paying attention. Kai is all giddy and thinks its pretty cool!
5 comments:
I hear ya sister! You already know I feel the same way. Funny things is, my dad knows how I feel too so when I was in Az. out of the blue one day, he insisted on getting his out and taught me how to hold it and everything. Like he thinks by holding one I'm going to change my mind or something!
The four of us are going to go on a date--shooting. Krysta's already agreed. (Now we have to get the liberal democrat on board.)
Good to see the 2nd amendment still alive and well.
We didn't own a gun until we moved here to Texas. See, I really can blame everything on Texas.
I was never around guns growing up however I love to go target shooting. I even have my own gun. Bart is for sure all about safety and making sure everyone we go with knows the rules and how to handle a gun. So do we get to take Tony shooting before he goes back? We are thinking about going tomorrow in the morning up to Henefer if Tony wants to come and go have him call me.
I feel your pain on this one. I did agree to go shooting a couple of times with my husband and it still scares the living daylights out of me. Guns scare me. I've been raised with them and they STILL scare me. Good luck. I've had to tell my husband that I won't go out with him, to a date type place, if he carries a gun on him.
Post a Comment