With the girls I was OCD at getting them transitioned to their big kid beds when they turned two. Their second bday they just moved to a big bed. But with Blakers, I just couldn't do it. He had never tried to climb out and even more important: he still would take naps. To me, that is HUGE. I would do anything so he would continue to take naps. One night I had put Blakers and the girls to bed and was feeding Kai when I heard a door close downstairs. I knew Tony was out of town so it couldn't be him. Out walks Blake, huge smile on his face. Poor kid got a loud "Get back in your bed". I must have said it so loud and mean both he and Kai started crying. I knew it was time to make the transition.
He's not too big for his crib is he? Poor kid is kinked up in such a tight space he must wake up with a kink in his neck.
First night is his big boy bed. He's got his Paci (yea, the kid is 2 1/2 but like I said earlier, I DON'T CARE as long as he naps. Once he stops napping, the thing is gone. My girls stopped napping at 18 months so I realize how awesome it is), his doggie and trucks (yea, they're pink. Again, I DON'T CARE. He loves them and he doesn't care). He did awesome! Way to go Blakers! We love you buddy!
5 comments:
I'm glad you got Blake a big bed. He looks better in his big bed.
Hey I am all with you on this one. Huttson still naps for two hours and hasn't ever attempted to climb out. I plan on keeping him in a crib for a long time :) Huttson likes anything that is pink too :)
Awww! He looks so cute in his big boy bed. LOVE the pink cars. That's ransom later!
He looks so tiny in the bed! Ainsley was well past 2. I think she was almost three and we got her her bed for her birthday. AND she's tall. She never climbed out of her crib. She's wake up and stay in their until I got her out! I had to take her out so she could learn to potty train!
I'm with you. Mason only moved into a big boy bed, cuz he was smooshed. If it eases your mind at all, he turns 3 next month and still takes 2-3 hour naps DAILY. :) Happy mommy here. You're awesome!!
Post a Comment