Thursday, November 12, 2009

Halloween

This Halloween was a ton of fun. I wish I had gotten pictures of our wards Trunk or Treat party because that was when the kids were in their full costumes and the cutest but I was in charge of the activity so no pics were taken (I could put blame on Tony for not taking pics but I figure he got the kiddos all dressed AND to the church relatively on time so he did more than enough)!

Aliya wanted to be a cowgirl, Blake was a cowboy and Taeya was Selina Gomez (one of Disney's pop stars). For our trunk or treat Blake had on his boots, Wranglers, chaps, belt, hat and cowboy shirt. Unfortunately his butt is so skinny the weight of his chaps and belt kept pulling his pants down. It was pretty cute to watch him walking around w/ his diaper hanging out. Tae had on a full black wig that she insisted on (she also picked out her costume ... again I tried to nudge her in a different direction but she loved this red plaid outfit). And lucky Kai had on a pumpkin hat.
On Halloween night we had a houseful of adults and few kids. My parents had just flown in for Kai's blessing, Tony's mom and brother Matt had been in town since early Thursday a.m. and Colby and Steph came to enjoy the kiddos.
Colby and Steph were the only adults fun enough to dress up. Frankly I was too tired to dressup by the time I got kids ready!
For weeks Steph and Aliya had talked about being cowgirls together. Aliya was so excited to be 'twins' with Aunt Steph!
For Halloween night we decided to forgo Blakes chaps and just wear the hat, boots, belt and Wranglers. I was shocked he left the hat on but he looked darling. I think it helped that the kid had a sucker in his hand the entire time!
Blake ended the night in a rather festive costume! Tony had taken Blakers to give him a bath and later he came streakin' out dressed like this. Needless to say this was the highlight of our evening. Too stinkin' cute!

2 comments:

Bart & Penny Murray said...

Love the costumes I really like the last picture. Blake is so cute!

Ticey said...

Oh I love the naked cowboy!! How stinking cute!!