Sunday, May 3, 2009

T-baller!

This spring Taeya participated in t-ball and LOVED it. I am a big believer in letting my girls do anything THEY want to do. Yea, I'd like to push them in certain directions but if there is something they'd like to try out, I am all for it. She wanted to play t-ball and did great at it. We'll see how baseball goes next!
Tae also had one of the best coaches around: her Daddy! Tony was so good to take Tae to all her practices and help out so the main coach asked Tony if he could be an assistant coach. I cant say he loved it (there were quite a few little stinkers on her team) but I know he loved getting to spend time with her!
It was fun to watch the two of them interact at something new. She did surprisingly well taking advice from her Dad. It seems like most kids listen better to strangers than to their parents but she did great!
Thanks for a fun season you two!

3 comments:

Marky said...

How fun, and that is so great she got to spend time with her Dad! Taeya you look so cute in your baseball uniform!

Bart & Penny Murray said...

Tae looks so cute in her softball uniform. It's so nice that Tony was the coach that gives them that time that Tae will remember and enjoy the time together. Like Tony's UTE shirt he gets away with wearing that in Arizona? So Tae wants to play baseball next? She will have to come and play with Colten my hand is getting sore from not catching it correctly. You go Tae!

Brandy said...

My sister took baseball when she was young and was the only girl on the team. I think it was really great for her and she has great memories...except the last one. She got hit in the wrist with the ball hard enough to make her quit. Still, I agree that being one of the boys has it's learning opportunities. The picture of Tae trying to kiss Tony makes me laugh. It's how my dad looks when I even get close to him being all mushy.