Thursday, April 30, 2009

Bunny madness!

A few years ago one of our friends made us this DARLING Easter bunny. For some reason I got into my head that I could re-create it! So a couple days before Easter I was on a mission to made a few cake bunnies. The girls each made a list and my 'few' became eight. Wow! Uh, okay, sure I can make eight cakes. I agreed and off we went to find the ingredients. I searched high and low to find those stupid, hot pink 'Sno-balls' that are made by the same people who do Twinkies/Ding dongs -- ya know, the nutritious company. No one had them (that I could find). So we forged ahead and made some relatively cute bunnies - minus their cute, puffy bums. The girls had a blast which is all that matters. 
Tae is quite the perfectionist. She would pick who got which bunny according to the families likes/dislikes. I love that at almost seven she recognizes the amount of work that goes into this stuff!
Aliya, was a little less perfection-based. She just had fun and enjoyed the process. These two kids couldn't be more different yet they are each so stinking fun and good!
This is the lovely preggers picture. Yep, I am dressed horribly, I am covered in frosting and this is how I delivered the bunnies. Luckily I didn't have to get out at too many houses. I think this is one tradition I am going to try to forget. I doubt the girls will forget it but I'm trying to!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

That all sounds way too ambitious! And I think you look cute in your picture!

Marky said...

Wow... 8 cakes, your amazing!! They look so cute and I know the girls had lots of fun!

Bart & Penny Murray said...

You are so good! You do so many fun things with your kids, things that they will remember when they are grown. You're an AWESOME Mom!

SKH said...

HEY! I have those same sweats and if they were clean I would be wearing them! haha! What a fun tradition! You are a fun mom. Let us know when you are in Utah again.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh the bunny cakes. Wow 8, you are wonder women! And you look adorable by the way (as always)

Amy Peterson said...

And it tasted great! Thanks again!

Keller Klan said...

You are such a good mom!! What a cute idea. Love the preggers pic. You look so cute!!!

Sarah said...

Are you really pregnant? You look too cute. It is 2:46 pm at my house and I am in my pj's! And that doesn't really change much when I'm not pregnant. I nominate myself for the laziest mother in creation, my poor children! We miss you guys! Hope you're feeling good. I've got about 5 weeks left. I'd say woo hoo, but I"m really not ready for 3, should I be scared?
See ya!
Sarah

Brandy said...

I am absolutely tickled 'pink' by those bunnies! It's funny though, I was just as elated to see an actual photo of YOU (and the baby). You never make appearances on here. I'm happy to see your darling, smiling face!