What do you think? As if these faces don't tell all. Three thought it would be one thing and Aliya thought the other. Needless to say, its a . . .
BOY! Yep, we are now officially a house divided. We are split right down the middle. Who'd have thought I'd have two girls AND two boys. I always thought I'd be the mom to girls but nope! Needless to say we are thrilled and even more excited that everything appears to be perfect. Don't worry about Aliya, once she gets to see the kid, she'll be a little mother hen all over again!
Taking all three kiddos to the Dr provided to be a rather eventful experience. I had rather grand ideas about it in my head. Yep, they all got smashed to smithereens! I pulled Tae out of school early then we were to meet Tony at the Drs (I kindly asked that he try to be early since I'd be fighting three kids in the waiting room -- he said he'd try to be there as early as possible but was in a meeting so who knew when he'd get out. I should have known right there that it was a bad sign).
Being an ever prepared Mom (insert a 'psh, yea right') I had brought the girls their travel backpacks filled with new, fun and exciting things so they would be entertained for the eternal wait. I even came prepared for Blake (and that never happens, poor kid). Well, we got there, I checked in and they immediately took us back. What, no 30 minute wait? Also, no hubby!
Back in the little room I all but drop my drawers trying to get ready for the ultrasound while holding a squirming 16 month old. I have the girls each sit on a chair (having been threatened with their lives) and Blake is sitting on my chest. Yep, heavy elephant sitting on my chest. The first five minutes were not too bad. He was so entertained by the man that he didn't notice much else going on. After a bit, he noticed Mom had some funny jelly on her belly. He proceeded to lovingly rub it in (it was actually quite cute). The guy said it was no big deal, it didnt affect any of his measurements. After a couple minutes Blake thought it was hilarious to smack my belly, making the goobery jelly go flying (not too cute). FINALLY after having a moose on my chest for 15 minutes, my knight in shinning armor arrived.
It was the most thorough ultrasound I've ever had. We could see the kid swallow, blink and who knows what else. He was quite modest at first but after a few quick jiggles, he finally changed position and spread his legs WIDE open for a great little whacker shot (we actually have it on a CD, when Tony gets home I'll probably add it to this post. This poor kid is going to hate us when he gets older. Oh well, that'll probably happen anyway!) The guy did his measurements for almost 30 minutes then the Dr did another 10 minutes. The kids were all but swinging from the ultrasound machine by this time. We escaped with no major catastrophe and the knowledge that the teams are equal at our house! Wahoo!
18 comments:
Congrate! Love Aliya's face. Maybe we can send her to a therapist with Cambrie if they don't recover from the "it's a boy" trauma :)
Congrates! I love Aliya's face she makes me laugh. I'm so excited for you and your Family. I bet Tony is excited to have 2 of each. You are so brave to take the kids with you. I'm glad Tony made it to see and help you. I wish I could tell you it gets easier with age but we have taken the kids as teenagers to the Doctor all together and what a joke Bart says he will just stay out in the waiting room (chicken) Anyway way excited for you!
Wahoo! I am so excited that the baby is first, healthy and second a boy! How fun!! I'm glad that Tony made it in time!
I guessed right .... yeeehaw - rochelle.
Jessica guessed girl but hoped boy and Hannah guessed boy.
How exciting!! We are thrilled.
yay!! i'm thrilled for you guys! boys are fabulous...and to have another. congrats!
right again! and can't wait.
tell aliya i'll have a girl for her...she might have to wait a few years...
love you guys!
Hurray for a healthy boy! Hope you're feeling well- and seriously, how fun! Won't the boys be just 1 school year apart? Ahhh, let the rivalries begin...
I win! Well me and a few others! I knew you were going to have a boy cause that's what I wanted! Maybe we can decide to deliver same time same place and have a switcheroo! OK that was a bad joke. My little girl is in heaven giving me the bird right now! Just kidding babies!! Congrats, I'm excited for you!!
Yeah another little Dickamore boy in the world!! I was just reading your blog to Uncle Kevin, I thoroughly enjoy your writing Tam...you crack me up. I can totally picture everything as you write it!! I am thankful that all is good with the little guy!! I read a quote once that said "How do you thank God for a miracle?" You will now have 4 of your own miracles!!! Wahoo!! Love You all, Aunt Becky
Yahoo! Blakers gets a roommate! The only way to make this more perfect is to get you all up here with the rest of us in time for the blessed event. Grandma's arms are already aching to hold him--to hold you all.
Love you so very much,
Grandma Debbi
Oh Aliyah - that picture just made my day. Oh ya and for once I guessed right :) Congrats I am way excited for you guys!! Glad to hear all is well!!
THat picture is priceless!! Congrats on another little guy, he is going to be cute as ever!
YEAH!!!! We love boys! I am so excited for you guys!!! Love you!
Congrats! I think it's wonderful you guys are having another boy! How fun. Aliyah's face is priceless!
I, of course, read your post much earlier than now, but hadn't had time to comment. I am really excited for your new little BOY! Just think of all of the fun and exciting 'team' games you can oppose each other in now. Tony, of course, will have the disadvantage for a short while, being the little boys are the youngest. Enjoy the advantage while you have it.
I love it! I love it! I love it!
Wow. I am waaaay behind. Had no idea you were even preggers. And here you swore you were done. Hmmm. I knew you were a liar!!
Oh, and lest I seem like a big dumb JERK, let me say...congratulations! Sheesh. Where are my manners? When's the due date?
Way to go with even numbers on both teams!
Post a Comment