The Monday before Christmas, we got together with our friends the Staleys. Their daughter Izzy is the same age as Aliya. We went to a train park in Scottsdale. Well, it was raining (and pouring Taeya says) but we decided to suck it up and take the kids anyway (we'd had it planned for a couple weeks). We got there and were surprised to find the park PACKED. It was dumping rain AND it was cold outside (two things us Arizonians done like). We later found out that each year they do this 'celebration' and all their rides are free. There were all sorts of characters there walking around -- Elmo, Cookie Monster, Cat in the Hat, Winnie the Pooh, Tigger etc. Although we were freezing and soaked to the bone, we had a ton of fun and would do it again!
At the park there is a cute little train that takes you all around the park that was filled with Christmas lights and displays. I think its about 10 minutes long. While we were waiting to go, Winnie the Pooh came along and said Hi to all the kids. Blake did his little "I'm scared but I like you" laugh. He loved seeing all the characters.
(B-F: Tony, Blake, Aliya, Dustin, Emmalie, Ike, Asher, Izzy & Tae)
Here we are before we took the train around. I wish we had gotten an after picture. We were soaked.
Blake loves to be outdoors. Yep he was wet and cold but he didn't care. Do kids have a gene that doesn't feel the cold? I swear as a kid I never got cold.


Taeya and Aliya with Tigger.
Blake got to ride a carousel for the first time. We couldn't tell if he liked it (he had his typical dumb jock face) but threw a fit when we tried to get him off. He scared us for a little bit. We had no idea how, when or where but at one point of the evening, Tony comes to me saying he had something in his mouth and he didn't know what it was. So I go diggin in his mouth and pulled out flecks of something (a few were fairly large). Upon closer inspection, it was paint. Where he got paint chips I'll never know. After calling my Dad, trying to get hold of our Pediatrician etc. we found out that the paint they use isn't lead based. This little boy is definitely keeping us on our toes!
5 comments:
I'm so glad that you all had a fun time! And when you talk about FREEZING- remember I was in the land of the frozen, freezing my bootie off! Crazy- leave it to Blake to have random objects that cause mom to have a heart attack in his mouth!
That looks like so much fun, and you are troopers for sticking it out in the rain!! Glad Blake is ok after eating the paint he is definitley a litte character but so darn cute!!
See, Tam, you do fun things with your kids! I love, love, love the rain, but with kids I might be hesitant too. I'm so glad that you all had fun and that Blakers isn't going to get 'food' (paint) poisoning. What a stud! Let's try to get some pics of you on the next adventure, k?
This looks like so much fun! We love this park! Greg's work has a family picnic there each year, but we've never had the opportunity to meet Winnie the Pooh and Elmo! It's great you stuck it out even in the rain. What GREAT parents you are!
He’s petrified of a normal-sized Santa, but he’s okay with a huge Winnie the Pooh? Funny little man, Grandma Debbi loves you! I also have a photo of Anthony at one year loudly protesting when I tried to pull him off his first carousel ride, and multiple photos of Uncle ‘Jiffy’ at one year and his many messes. Watching my little grandson is like time warp. Thanks tons for the photos, Tami. Lessens a little of the sting of being so far away from my grandbabies…
Post a Comment