Yesterday we took Blakers to his first Opthamologist appointment (he's got a lazy eye). He did great. At one point they had to dilate his eyes to make sure the optic nerve was okay and to check his vision. I thought for sure he'd lose it when they put the drops in his eyes but he was terrific. His Doctor is fabulous and was really good with him.
Essentially what we're going to have to do is patch his eye for 4-6 weeks to try to strengthen the weak eye. There is a good chance his 'weak' eye will become strong and then his 'strong' eye will become weak, causing it to turn in. Most likely he's going to have to have surgery done. Not a fun thought but out of all the other problems out there, this is one I can handle!
Here is little dude with his 'stunner' glasses on. He wasn't a fan of wearing them but the Arizona sun is too bright to freshly dilated eyes!
Today was his first day of patching and he did TERRIFIC! He wasn't a fan of it at first but eventually he somewhat forgot about it. He'd pick at it then get distracted and move on. This is one time when having a very active kid is good! I didn't have it on perfectly but I wasn't about to rip off what is essentially a HUGE band-aid. Especially after I just put it on!
He had his patch on when I dropped Aliya off at school. A couple of the kids were staring and I asked if they liked his 'Pirate Patch'. They thought it was pretty cool after that. I'm going to let the girls decorate them -- just no hearts, pink or butterflies. It needs to be something manly (as if the kid cares -- he sleeps in a purple room)!
8 comments:
What a cute kid!! My boys would be so jealous of him. Patches are sooooo cool!
You are such a cute pirate Blake!! I hope all goes well with your eye buddy!
I love that he sleeps in a purple room :) Well he makes a way cute pirate. Hope everything goes well with the eye.
He is too CUTE! I hope everything goes well! We need to have him over and play with Andrew again!
Good luck with the patch, we hope it helps the problem with no surgery...And the pictures of Aliya with Tony are darling!
Ah, Blakers, I just love ya to pieces. 'Arrrr, Matey!'
Grandma was worried, but you did wonderfully! Great Grandpa Hale had one of those, but he didn't have as much fun with it. Too healthy and happy to let a little thing like that slow you down!
I love you so, Grandma Debbi
How cute is he in his sunglasses? What a great little trooper. I might have to come steal some of your kids one day - they are adorable!
Post a Comment