Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Usually on Christmas Eve, we  get together with another family that doesn't have extended family nearby. For once, we couldn't find anybody that was family-less (well, we couldn't find anyone that would admit to being family-less AND who wanted to spend the evening with us). We drove around looking at all the fun Christmas lights and decorations. There is something weird about people having fake snowmen in their yards when its 50+ outside. Once we got home the girls were excited to see that Santa's Elves had come while we were away to deliver their new jammies.  We opened their jammies then read Luke 2.  The girls had fun 'acting' it out with a Nativity set. Surprisingly enough there was no fighting over who got to be what. 
Aliya spent the majority of Christmas Eve day in her 'ballerina-tard'. That girl LOVES her leotard. I'm just glad we aren't somewhere where its freezing outside. It was 50+ outside and I was freezing!
Christmas morning Tony and I woke the girls up at 8:00 to start Christmas. I am glad they don't wake up extra early but their typical 7:00 would have been fine on Christmas. Slacker Mom that I am, I didn't take a picture of the kiddos around all the presents. Oh well! Aliya got a new helmet. She's been wearing Tae's helmet that Tony ran over. Poor second kid! She was so much fun this Christmas. Each time she opened a gift, before she'd even see what it was she'd say "This is what I always wanted". She didn't care what she got, she was just excited to get something. Why cant kids keep this enthusiasm?
Here is Blakers on his rocking horse from Gma/Gpa Thompson. He likes it but the girls LOVE it. My girls are obsessed with horses (thanks to Papa Bruce and Gma Nette). I think it might have to lose its batteries pretty soon. I've been hearing galloping since yesterday! Taeya thinks 'its not fair' that she's too big to ride it. Not that its stopped her from trying!
Gma Debbie sent Blake this firetruck. He has so much fun riding it and making noise. I think it might lose its batteries too! I'm noticing a trend here: why is it that the Grandparents are the ones sending my kids the noisy toys? I think they are slowly trying to drive me insane!
The girls got a doll house from Gma/Gpa Thompson. Since we've opened it up, I don't think we've seen the girls. I would have loved something like this as a kid. Santa somehow knew they were getting this and brought them the different accessories for it. Its so nice to hear them not fight!
Uncle Ponch sent the girls these necklaces from the Philippines. They call them their hula necklaces!
I thought these two pictures of Blake were pretty cute. He didn't really care too much about Christmas. He'd get excited when the girls got excited but other than that, he was content to tear the paper.
We had a terrific Christmas. It is so nice to get to spend so much quality time together as a family. On Christmas we had no place we needed to be, no schedule to keep. It was heaven to spend all day in our jammies. We miss our extended family and all their festivities but we're so thankful for our little family. We hope you had a terrific Christmas too. 

5 comments:

Beck said...

Cute! We wish we were closer...we would have come by!!! I love the look on T's face when Blake's on the horse...yeah she's sad! Glad santa found you and the kids look great...as always!

Marky said...

What a fun Christmas! It looks like the kids got some way fun things.. They are so sweet! We missed you guys, but glad you got to enjoy it with your darling family!!

Frehner Family said...

You woke up your kids on Christmas morning? Dacia was in our room at 2AM. We told her to go back to bed of course. But WoW! You should feel very lucky!

Ticey said...

Looks like you guys had such a great Christmas!! We missed you guys and hope we can see you some time soon!!

Sarah said...

We wish you guys could have spent Christmas with us! We've had to turn to air conditioning on this week. It's been in the 70's and muggy. Yuck. Glad Christmas was fun! We miss you guys.