Wednesday, October 15, 2008

That's not a Band-aid!

Aliya strikes yet again! Yesterday we were up in my bedroom and I was doing my parental duty of ignoring the kids as best I could, when I heard Aliya talking to Blakers about an owie on his head. I figured it was time to find out what was going on and I found Blake with a panty-liner stuck to his head. I'm assuming she was playing in the bathroom and found what she thought was a huge Band-aid. Tony was mortified that I would take a picture of our son with a panty-liner on his head (and plan to post it). I told him it could have been worse, I could taken a picture of him with a tampon in each hand and one in his mouth (which I've found him doing numerous times). 
After Aliya saw my reaction to finding Blake, she thought it'd be funny to make sunglasses. Uh, not quite as cute but still funny. I figure if I watched my children a lot closer I wouldn't find them in such precocious situations but then I wouldn't have such fun posts either. For your sake, I'll continue to ignore them and see what situations Aliya can get into next!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Blake looks so innocent! Glad to hear someone else ignores their children too.

Amy Peterson said...

I love the look on his face! He He - children wouldn't learn how to be independent children if they were not left to themselves sometimes. (that is what I call it not ignoring!) Me ignoring NEVER!

Frehner Family said...

very funny! It sounds like we have a lot of the same parenting styles!

Brandy said...

I swear that if you start watching your kids, I won't follow your blog anymore! How can I get comic relief from life if I can't laugh at yours? I like the panty liner looks almost like a bow all unfolded. Mine don't have those fun creases!

Marky said...

OH Aliya.. YOur so funny!! But I will remeber this incase I ever run out of bandaids!

Ticey said...

That is the funniest thing!! Your kids have the best personalities!! And thanks for continuing to ignore them because these post crack me up :)

Beck said...

I'm such a proud Aunt! I'm just waiting to see what all these boys can come up with my tampons. For now they won't even BEGIN to touch them because they're "pink"... haha... gotta love pink and boys :)

BossyMommy said...

Awww. You're such a good friend...ignoring your kids for our amusement and entertainment. I'll have to show this to Hallie. She was MORTIFIED that I put the poopy shoe pic on my blog. When I was trying to take that pic of her foot yesterday, it went like this: Me-- HALLIE! Get your foot over here next to the shoe so I can take a picture of it! Hallie--NOOO!!! You're gonna put it on the blog! NOOOO!!!! This is so embarrassing!!! Now I can use you as an example. (Hey, Hal, at least you never got pasted on the blog with something that goes in my underwear stuck to your head!!!) Poor Dickamore kids.