Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Yet again its Aliya

When we lived in Boise one of our best friends, the Hawkes, had their second child, Elizabeth, about 7 weeks after Aliya, our second, was born. We moved away before the girls turned one but I wish we could have stayed and watch the two girls grow up together. As we've tried to stay in contact, whenever we talk about our second kids we are amazed at their similarities. They are definitely full of personality, stubbornness, spit-fire and many other positive (and negative) traits.

A few weeks ago Karin blogged about Elizabeth and her recent exposure t0 long-lasting lipstick. I got a kick out of it and joked about expecting Aliya to do it soon. Sure enough, a couple weeks later Aliya did the EXACT same thing. As usual in the afternoon I was trying to get house stuff done and was doing my darndest to ignore the girls, when I found Aliya with a lovely shade of neutral brown lovingly applied all around her lips. Revlon is not lying when they say long-lasting. A full 40 hours and two swim lessons later and you can still somewhat see it. I'm just glad I wear boring lipstick colors. I can only imagine how she would have looked with a crimson red.

Aliya, thanks for making my days not boring. I can pretty much guarantee you'll always be the one to keep me on my toes! You make life even more fun!


3 comments:

Beck said...

Aliya, you look so pretty, honey!

Tam, again, thank you for letting me grateful for my 4 boys and the fact that anything "girlie" (even chapstick) is gross! We may send "froggy" to the moon, but we've NEVER had lipstick staches :)

The Hatch's said...

Been there happened to us. It's a never ending battle. Even Brandon has been caught doing this. What a perfect couple they will make and heaven help there children!!

Karin said...

WATCH OUT, TAM!!!! HIKDE YOUR SCISSORS!!! (check our blog for what is sure to be Aliya's next adventure...)
good luck!:)