Monday night we had over some of our friends from college, the Prices. Scott, aka Scottie Too Hottie, played football with Tony (he was a fellow tight end). They spent more time with each other than with us, their wives. I think they were Friday night roomies for most of their football days. While our handsome husbands were living the dream, Christa and I would bond. I don't think I've ever met another girl who could talk as much football as much as me. We were united in our frustrations, ticked off at the same coaches, lamented over quarterbacks etc. I think we enjoyed all that went with College ball more than Tony and Scott. While they'd be sequestered at a hotel, we'd get together with other football wives and have a blast. I miss those Friday nights!
It was crazy to see how similar Tony and Scott still look. People would often get them confused. When Tony is by himself I don't think of him as a big guy but when he was sitting next to Scott, who is his size , I remember that he really is a big guy!
Anywho -- we hadn't seen them in almost six years. I cant believe that it had been that long. Neither of them had changed at all. Yes they had three kids in tow (Audrie, Carson and Reed) but other than that, they were exactly the same. I guess that is a sign of true friendship -- we hadn't seen each other in six years yet we immediately reverted back to the same razzing and teasing that we always did.
Scott is in his last year of schooling to be a Periodontist. Crazy that we've been out of school six years and he's still pluggin through. Next July they'll be moving to Mesa so he can set up practice. We hope we are still here and get to enjoy them. We loved being with them and already miss them. Thanks for coming to see us! (BTW - the song play "Eye of the Tiger" was Too Hotties pump up song before games. To this day neither Tony nor myself can hear it without immediately thinking of Scott!)
2 comments:
I'm glad scottie-to-hottie was able to hook back up with Ton (and you with Christa) I know you guys hung out a ton and it's always fun to go "back to the days" :)
You are too nice, Tami! Thanks for not mentioning the addition of the crows feet that have shown up around my eyes! We had a great time at your house - only I apologize for Carson beating up on Aliya! (I think that's his way of flirting - such a boy!) Thanks for letting us come by - we miss you guys (and I miss the football days, too!) We hope that you are still there next year! If not, at least we hope you come back to AZ for good!
Post a Comment