The kids played awesome together. I was really worried about how Ainsley and Aliya would play together and they did great. Not once did I hear Aliyas high-pitched shrill! It was heaven. Tae and Caleb always play great together. Sarah and I have already arranged their marriage. Caleb is so stinkin' athletic I figure he'll earn plenty of $$ to support us in our old age (or at least support Taeya's craft habit. She doesn't really like to shop - yet - but the kid would do crafts till her fingers fell off)!
The kids always get spoiled whenever they go to the Castles. When we pulled into Phoenix Sunday afternoon Aliya started bawling. She said she didn't want to go to this house but 'the one in Sierra Vista by Grandma Castle'. We have yet to find a family adopt us the way the Castles did. Thanks so much for everything!
The Frehners hooked us up with a killer hotel suite. I swear that room had more appliances than our home! I kept saying that if Tony had those kinds of perks, I'd be for staying at a hotel ALL the time -- 'Come on kids, Mama doesnt want to cook breakfast, lets go to the hotel'. Thanks again Corby and Ammie!
Saturday a.m. we went back to the Castles for a couple hours then our intent was to head up into the canyon with some friends for a picnic. We ended up BBQing at the Coburns which was great. The weather was PERFECT! I never thought I'd say low 90's is heaven but it is! We sat outside and just gabbed for a couple hours. Then that evening we went out to dinner, just the adults, with the Coburns, Bodilys and Hatchs. The notorious service, plus all the bugs, helped us to remember why we were glad we left. We miss so many people that are still there but we don't miss the poor service. Thanks Coburns for the BBQ, child care and party planning! Plus the fitness conversations have got me motivated to get back to the gym! Thanks for coming out to the dirty, crappy restaurants with us Bodilys and Hatchs. It is so nice to get to just sit, relax and laugh with some old friends! We miss you all!
5 comments:
Tam...Sounds like you guys had a blast! Good for you! And don't worry, some day we'll need those adult diapers
Funny Ammie, Tami you never thought that Tony's job would be able to be traded for other services did you? It was fun seeing you guys. You could always move back!! You already have a great house here:) We hope to see you soon!
I am rapidly discovering that we are crappy friends to have! Neither of us have any skills that are useful to anyone (Lisa bakes killer cakes, Polly takes gorgeous pictures etc). We are the people everyone keeps around just cuz they feel sorry for us!
Hey we are all going to need diapers changed in the end. We will all to to you guys in the end!! Love You Tam!
Sorry about the Canyon. The previous days activities had us pretty drained. I think the fact that we did several campouts in a row up there didn't help either. We're a little burned out on nature. Forgive us!
Post a Comment