Thursday, July 31, 2008

Fisherman

One of Tony's favorite things to do is Flyfishing! He was in heaven when we lived in Boise. There is a big river that runs through the middle of the city that is pretty to good to fish on.  There were days when Tony would spend an hour or two after work fishing away on the river. He never cares if he catches anything - he is just content to be out in nature (I think he enjoys being away from us too!) 

Being that there are no rivers or streams near us in Phoenix (duh) he rarely gets to go. He loves it when we go home because he can go flyfishing whenever he wants. This trip Tony was able to go twice and the second time was with his Dad. He said that was his favorite time. Bruce was kind enough to catch some photos of my cute fisherman. Tony was proud to inform me that he caught 12, his Dad only caught 11. I guess one extra fish counts as a victory right?

3 comments:

suni said...

how fun! my husband (mike) is a crazy avid fly fisherman! he finally taught me a few weeks ago...and it was great. (although i don't think i'm as into it as these men!)

Marky said...

How fun!! Glad he was able to go when you guys were up here.. My kind of fishing is at the fish farm where I know I will catch one.. :0)

Mothe said...

I had no idea that Tony liked to fish. Being from Montana it is kind of automatic for Curtis to love fly fishing and Mike enjoys it also! Hence we will be having a fly fishing party, where they try to teach those of us who know nothing about it!! I know I will like it though, it is in my genes! Grandpa and Grandma Jensen fished off of the banks up at Pine View all the time!! Now the problem will be touching the slimy fish once it is caught????