Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Best Wife Ever!

For years Tony has HATED holidays. Not because he's a grinch or anything but because his wifes gift-givingness sucks! I like to say my horrible presents are the result of him wanting impossible gifts (plasma TV's, new computer, new car etc). His wants are a little bit too much for the typical birthday/anniversary etc. Since he wears a tie and dress shirt everyday, that is typically what the poor guy gets (if I am feeling a little adventurous I'll get him a pair of workout shorts or a t-shirt -- I know, go big spender). I rack my brain trying to come up with ideas that will make his life more fun or easier but I generally come up empty and revert back to the old shirt and tie combo. Sad, yes but that is how it is at our house.

This year for his birthday I found something that was guaranteed to put a smile on any man's face. I was told it is a gift that any man would love to receive. Yes, it is something that most women dont want to know anything about - in fact some women are offended by the idea. Too complicated I guess. I think they'd rather take care of it themselves. I, on the other hand, believe that if I am going to seek any outside help (and having been married this long I'll take any break that I can get), I may as well make sure it is up to my standards. I couldnt think of anything else that would make both of our lives easier and I must say, I've been know to borrow it a time or two. I have needs too! After much research and discussion about how and where to get it, I finally admitted I really needed the help and break, and bought my husband a . . .








wait for it









almost there (anticipation must be killing you)









a hoe.







Yep thats right, I bought my husband a hoe. Guaranteed satisfaction and instant results. Not only that but its cut his time in half. Best $20 I ever spent. I am already thinking about what to get him for Christmas so if you've got any ideas, feel free to let me know! Happy Birthday big boy! I love you!




8 comments:

The Hatch's said...

Our hoe is fabulous! We love it.


Spencer calls it a hula hoe. Why I don't know.

Bart & Penny Murray said...

Bart wants to know how it works so will you please bring it up to our house and show us how it works. It might take a long time for us to figure out how it works Bart says he is a slow learner. So come up early in the morning and plan to spend the day.

suni said...

oh my - i laughed at this one! good job tami! my little luke loves it when i read your blog - the dancefest begins every time. thanks for the laughs.

Frehner Family said...

Seriously funny Tam! I love it!

Marky said...

Way to go Tami!!

The Hatch's said...

We want to see Tony with his hoe!!

Sarah said...

Nice Tami, you always know how to make people laugh!
-Sarah

Brandy said...

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I don't recall you being so clever in high school. I'm sure you must have been, but it's particularly charming now! Loved this entry and it's no surprise that Tony loves his ho. (I mean hoe, of course!) BTW, you've become one of my favorite blogs to check out, so you best keep them coming! No pressure though. Ha Ha