Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Annual Journey Home

We just returned from our annual trip to Utah. It was a whirl wind trip filled with a TON of fun memories (I think I've got over 1,000 pictures of the 10 days we were there). Since my intent with blogging is to use it as a form of journaling, I will try to cover the highlights from our trip (but by no means will I post all thousand pictures - my kids are cute but not THAT cute)!

We left AZ Wednesday evening. We'd driven about 10 minutes when Aliya wanted to show me her nail polish. I turned around and caught my daughter doing this:

 
For those of you that know me well know that it is my favorite gesture. I've tried my darndest not to do it in front of my kids (this time really was innocent) but its a good reminder that they see and will do everything I do! I took the picture on my phone and immediately sent it to Tony's Dad and brothers informing them this is what Aliya thinks of our upcoming 12 hour drive. Yes, driving through the night SUCKS but it was so much easier on the kids. Taeya was our best sleeper by far. Blake would wake up every time we'd stop (someone needed to use the bathroom often and it wasn't me!) Aliya was awake most of the night. I made a comment about almost hitting Bambi and with that her head pops up and said "Where, where is Bambi?" I guess she sleeps about as well as I do in cars. 

3 comments:

Beck said...

just like her mother!!!... CUTE! :) I loved this picture and wondered why I had seen it before :) You need to tell Ton to lay off the Red Bull :) We all know it was him with the potty issue!!! (If not, we know it now!)

Mothe said...

This girl cracks me up and so does her mother! I love to read your posts Tam, I definitely find myself laughing all by myself and even out loud sometimes!! It really was so fun to see you, too bad it was just the one day. Tell your sister Becky, whom I also love to call me if she wants to come to Nauvoo with us...we would love to have her join us!! XOXOXO

Marky said...

Ha ha.. She is so funny!! I feel the same way about driving though, I'm not a fan of long car rides!