Last year we had 8 a.m. church. It made for many ponytail and headband do's for my girls. I am too lazy to get up early just to do little girl hair (it so was not worth waking them up early either!) This year its been fun to have plenty of time to get the girls ready for church.
Sunday I pulled out the old sponge curlers and went to town. I am so thankful my girls have fabulous hair. Thank you Tony! There may be things they can curse their Daddy for (kankles etc) but their fabulous head of hair is not one of them! Aliya got the little curlers which made for some cute Shirley Temple curls. Luckily by the time we got to church they had relaxed quite a bit and were gorgeous!
I did a 'french braid headband' for Taeya. I also weaved a green ribbon through it which was fun.
I love that they have such gorgeous long hair. It makes it nice to try out all these fun do's (I just got a couple inches cut off but it is still plenty long)
I dont know why I've always been particular about my girls hair. I think its because as long as their hair is done, it doesnt matter how dirty or scraggly looking they become, they still look like someone loved them enough to do their hair.
Blakers also got his first big-boy hair cut. He's had 2 complete head shaves but this was his first trim. I did awful! He was squirming and not happy at all about it. Needless to say I just hurried up and got it done. Next time, I'll wait till he's not tired and will let me do more than just shave the sides!
Since the kids were looking so stinkin' cute, Tony wanted to get a couple pictures for his office (which meant I had to get in too). As much as I hate getting my picture taken, I do love being a part of the memories!
I did a 'french braid headband' for Taeya. I also weaved a green ribbon through it which was fun.
I dont know why I've always been particular about my girls hair. I think its because as long as their hair is done, it doesnt matter how dirty or scraggly looking they become, they still look like someone loved them enough to do their hair.
Since the kids were looking so stinkin' cute, Tony wanted to get a couple pictures for his office (which meant I had to get in too). As much as I hate getting my picture taken, I do love being a part of the memories!
10 comments:
k, WAY CUTE! See this is what has to be the part of little girls!!! My neices are BEAUTIFUL and their mom is HOT! You're awesome, T and the girls look gorgeous!
Love the pic's man Tony has some goodlooking ladies in his life and one handsome young man. Can't wait to see all of you!
What Gorgeous girls!! You gotta love the sponge curlers, they can do wonders!! I think Blake's haircut looks so handsome!! Way to go Tami.. Love your cutest family!
Ok, I confess...I'm catching up on your blog. I've been a slacker of a blog stalker as of late. So sue me! But I'm loving the hair and the kankles comment! Hits painfully close to home, I'm sorry to say. And 'liya's face in the cookie-making pics is just priceless. I love that kid. My girls miss playing with your girls terribly. Are you melting yet??? Smart move coming to SV for the 4th. I grew up in the PHX and absolutely HATED every July 4th. It's miserable watching fireworks in 110 degree weather. I never learned to love fireworks until I lived in SV where the weather is actually nice at night on the 4th. Have fun! Sorry we'll be missing you. (I should have just emailed you--this is long)
ohh la la! You have ALWAYS made sure your girls have darling hair. ok, except a certain shaving of Aliya at 2 months old... ;) Hey- it's gorgeous now, so maybe it worked!
Her hair was awful at birth! yea she looked 'special' for a while but it all came in the same length!
So I am sooo excited to see you beautiful girls this weekend. I wish I had the talent and patience to do something with my girls' hair. I don't and they refuse the cute hair-do's now anyway because they think they're too old for that.
What gorgeous hair they have. Man I remember the sponge curler days - those were the greatest!! They are all just darling!!
Oh cute cute cute! Elena has almost enough hair for one curler in the fount, can't wait. Your girls are always to the T.
I love seeing your pictures - especially of you! You look great. When I have girls I'm going to have to fly down so you can teach me how to do hair!
I've been dreaming of pulla ever since your comment. Do you have the recipe? You also made me a great dinner at my apartment in Provo when you came home - do you remember what it was? I'd love the recipe if you still have it.
Fun hearing from you!
Post a Comment