Sunday, June 8, 2008

Dancin' Queen



On Friday, Aliya had her very first dance recital. It was quite the experience. There were four ballet classes of little girls 3-5 years old. Needless to say, no one really knew what they were doing. It had been 10 days since their last class so they had all forgotten anything they had practiced. They all just watched the teacher the whole time (as you can see from the video clip -- if I can ever get it up and working). Aliya had more fun dancin' in the background while the other classes were performing than during her own song. My mom is here for a week so she was able to enjoy Liyas first dance recital.

Here is my vent of the week: Their outfits were atrocious! Who picks royal blue for a bunch of little girls? Aliya kept saying "I like pink, not blue".  Besides the yucky color, it was horribly itchy! For $25 I was hoping it'd be an outfit she could at least play dress up in. 

6 comments:

Beck said...

Luckily the crown is cute (or so it looks like it compared to the outfit)! Too bad because it looks like all they did was put some tu-tu stuff on with some sequin and then sew a "cleavage slot" (the ballerina gather thing). She looks like a beautiful ballerina in her ballerinatard regardless. Love ya, T and tell mom Hi :)

Rebecca said...

Blue? Whats wrong with Blue? Coming from a boy house that is a standard. And just remember Sleeping Beauty wore blue (kindof).
She looks adorable! Hope the performance was a hoot!!

Karin said...

Awww... she looks so happy!
So you're more concerned about the color than the cleavage? hmmmm ;)

Tam said...

I dont understand why they make skanky outfits for little kids! Of course I dont own any safety pins so I tried to tie the back straps with dental floss. Lovely!

Sarah said...

She looks so grown up! (must be the cleavage-how do you spell that anyway, guess I don't know how since it doesn't apply to me!) I can't wait until I get Ainsley in dance class. I love you tried to use dental floss. We'll have to try to get together. My parents are taking the kids to the circus up in Pheonix somewhere this month. I'm working, of course. We'll have to get in touch.
-Sarah

Anonymous said...

Aliya--You look beautiful! Grandma is sad she had to miss your recital. Daddy told me all about it, and I can't wait to see the video.

Love to all, Grandma Debbi