Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Christmas 2010

We had an awesome holiday season this last year. We got the best gift ever on Christmas Eve day: Nuncle  Matt came to celebrate Christmas with us! It was so neat to have him there. He of course spoiled us all rotten and was so fun to have in our home! Please, please, please come again Nuncle Matt!

Christmas Eve we had some awesome friends, and family over for dinner. The Moes family with their 4 kids joined us as well as Colby, Steph and newborn baby Keller. The food was killer (Prime rib etc), ambiance was great (the power went out after dinner which was a ton of fun) and conversation was terrific. We are so lucky to have so many people we love nearby! Thanks for making our Christmas Eve fun and memorable (even if we didnt get any pictures)!
Each Christmas Eve Santa's elves deliver us Christmas jammies. We were surprised to see that Matt even got jammies. Where on earth Santa found a onesie big enough to fit a 6'4" man I'll never know! 

Another tradition we have is opening one present on Christmas Eve. Tae picked out her gift to Uncle Matt and was so excited to give it to him. She picked none other than a pair of bright red "Flash" underwear. She wanted to get him a small but I convinced her that Matt's bum was big like Daddy's so a small wouldn't fit!
 Luckily Matt was a good sport and immediately tried them on (although he later learned that the lightning bolt was a great target for Blake)!
 Christmas morning was met with excitement and joy ... as well as tears and temper tantrums. Kai wasn't too sure about the is whole present thing! I swear all morning long I saw him carrying around a homemade roll. I'm not sure if he ate the darn thing or kept swiping a new one but almost every picture of the kid he's got a roll in hand!
 Bruce sent the boys each a CAT hat. They love them. It was cute to see them trade hats (even though it was the same hat)!

 Tae got a video camera that can take still shots as well. Luckily she is old enough to realize that her 'big' gift cost a lot so she didn't get as many gifts as the little kids!
Check out Aliya with her loot! I got wise this year and brought the kids laundry baskets down to hold all their presents. It kept things somewhat tidy (well, until a little brother or two started tearing through the piles)!
 Daddy got the shaft yet again! Mommy thought she'd ordered some good gifts but luckily Santa leaves receipts ... most things got returned! Mommy however scored with a bunch of cooking classes. Wahoo!
Poor Nuncle Matt had been up most of the night before throwing up. No fun being sick, on Christmas, away from home etc. However I think Tae's pink snuggie made him feel a bit better!

3 comments:

Ticey said...

What a fun Uncle Matt!! Love the jammies :) Glad you guys had a fun Christmas!!

thejohnmfamily said...

How crazy, fun, and hectic. We also gave our kids a laundry basket, but ours were the not so sturdy, useless kind that are tall and made of see-through material. Not the best idea. I'm so smart!!

McKelle said...

Hahahahaha! Those underroos are classic! Love love love the lightning bolt! Your husband and my husband had the same Christmas, I thought I'd done good but he took everything back but a pair of shoes. Oh well. I say he needs to be less picky....or buy his own like I do! Hope you're lovin' TX!