Monday, November 8, 2010

First day of school!

Yep, I'm behind ... so sue me! At least I am FINALLY getting them up. Tony is out of town a ridiculous amount of time this week so I hopefully will get a bunch posted! I figure rather than going back in order I'll just hit some of the key stuff for now!
 Tae started 3rd Grade this year. I cant believe she is so old. She absolutely loves her teachers. In our school district they have 'switch' classes. They spend the first half of the day with one teacher then switch classrooms for the 2nd half. It is nice because the kids get the experience of having different teachers (and I think the teachers like getting rid of some kids 1/2 way through the day).
 For Tae's first quarter of school she got all A's and one B+. Its crazy because the B+ is in her easiest subject: reading. She is a super fast reader (at the first of the year when they tested the kids they wanted them to read at about 100 wpm. She was reading at over 160 wpm). I think she is like me where she reads so fast she doesn't comprehend all that she needs to. We are so proud of how well she is doing!
Here is my big Kindergartner. It seemed like this day would never come for Aliya. She's been so ready for school to start. She LOVES it! She's got a terrific teacher that she loves (and luckily the teacher loves Aliya). Her favorite things so far is riding the bus and eating lunch! Shocker!
Its been fun to hear Aliya talk about all the friends she is making. She made an immediate best friend the first day and they've been inseparable since! She had a terrific first semester as well. She got all E's. I'm blown away by how well she reads. I really wish I could say I have played a part in how well she's doing but it is 100% her. Unfortunately I haven't been much of a 'teacher' lately with my kids. Right now we are just trying to survive day-to-day living!
It was pouring rain when the bus dropped them off. I love seeing Tae take Aliya's hand and keep her safe. What awesome girls they are. 

3 comments:

Bart & Penny Murray said...

WOW they are growing up so fast. They look so darn cute for school. I love the sister love. So how does it feel just having the boys home for a while why the girls are in school? What a AWESOME Family! Love you all!!

Sarah said...

Your girls are beautiful! I can't wait for Ainsley to go to kindergarten next year. November birthday's are the worst!

Krysta said...

They look so cute! I love Tae's skirt. Adorable!