Friday, July 2, 2010

Alphabet Summer

This summer we swiped my girlfriend Krysta's idea and did an "Alphabet summer". Each week we picked a couple random letters from the Alphabet and incorporated it into our activities. It's been awesome!

On afternoon we decided to join the Moes' and do 'W' day: Water fountains in the Woodlands while eating Watermelon. The kids had a blast! Here's all the kiddos (well, except for Blakers, he was grump) L-R: Drew, Jake, Kai, Ady, Aliya, Kaylee and Taeya,
I love these two! They were so happy eating the big kids left over watermelon rinds.  Yucky but it kept them quite content for a while. Who knew?
The big girls loved hanging out at the real Water fountain. This is my ultimate fav of Aliya's bum. Her bum is so my bum. Her swimmin' suit never covers her cheeks and she's permanently got a wedgie. I feel for you honey, I really do! I still have that problem (although mine has gotten worse by the fact that mine is starting to droop to the back of my knees ... TMI sorry)!
Kaylee is Tae's best friend. Its cute to see them talk, giggle and scheme together! I only wish they went to the same school (Kaylee is a  year older).
These are the real water fountains we went to play in. 
Poor Kai! Tae thought he'd enjoy having the goggles on instead of getting water in his eyes. Sweet gesture but he hated it!
Much better!


I adore my kids. I love capturing them when they aren't posing (although those are fun too). Its just fun to see their expressions and them being themselves.
We wouldn't let them put their feet in here but they had fun putting their hands in! Lots of hineys!

Ah, bless his heart! Blake may be a bruiser but he has a really sweet side, especially for babies. He gave Ady this kiss all on his own. I was taking her picture and he came up and planted one on her. What a sweet boy!
Usually Kai is quite aware of his Ady's cries. This time, he was too engrossed in some one's juice box. He loved it ... Ady not so much!
These two make me laugh! They are so cute together!
Yep its a huge pain in the butt to schlep 4 kids on outings but its smiles like these that make it all worth it (well, that and a mind that forgets what a pain in the butt it is)!


1 comment:

Ticey said...

Tam I just have to tell you - I love reading your blog. You always make me laugh :) We wanted to start doing this but haven't quite got there. We may have to post pone it to next summer. Way cute kiddo's - can't wait to see you guys!!!