Sunday, June 21, 2009

Taeya's bday party!

Crazy kid wanted to go eat at Sonic.
Tae has quite the frosting skills! She definitely did not get her patience from me!
Taeya's finished product. I swear she had almost as much fun eating all the sprinkles off the table as she did making the thing. Tony awarded her with the "Most Colorful" award! The bottom layer is a vanilla cake, middle strawberry and the top is chocolate. When it was cut into it was actually quite pretty. The middle layer is covered in fondant. The girls thought it was fun to 'paint' the fondant. 
Olivia with her cake.
Kate the decorator!
Riley was pretty meticulous in her decorating as well!
And Aliya ... she won the award for "Best use of Sprinkles". I swear she had a good couple pounds worth of sprinkles on that sucker!

6 comments:

McKelle said...

That cake decorating is a great idea! What a cool mom!

Marky said...

What a fun birthday party, I wish I could come I love the food network Challenge!! Way to go Tami for making all the cakes, that is very impressive!

Unknown said...

Wow, what a lot of cake - I'm totally in awe as I don't even know what fondant is!

Ticey said...

How fun!! I love that they all got to decorate their own cake - what a great idea!! Looks like it was a fun and successful party!!

Jim said...

Wow, aren't you patient to take on such a project?! LOVE the idea. Tae is looking so. grown. up. i can't believe it. You guys have been away far too long.
Baby Jamers wishes you a happy, happy b-day taeya!

Anonymous said...

Beeeutiful cakes, My Dears--they look so yummy, I can taste 'em!

Grandma Debbi