Slacker Mommy that I am, I've forgotten to post Blake's surgery pictures. Everything went AWESOME! I took him into the Surgery Center bright and early on a Tuesday morning (6:00 a.m. people -- I must love this kid!). They took him back to the pre-op area at about 7:15. There I changed him into this super cute little gown. I love the little gowns. It made him look so grown up yet so little.
Blake was EXHAUSTED! This picture is mid-yawn! He was tired and cranky and just wanted his juice (which he couldn't have). He kept trying to go through my purse searching after his sippy cup!
This is a good picture that shows how bad his eyes had gotten. The Dr came in and re-did her measurements and went over what they were going to do. Then they had me leave through one door and took him out another. Blake was just like my girls -- perfectly content to go somewhere with a stranger. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing!
He ended up only being in surgery about 45 minutes. The Dr came out and said everything went great and he did really well. I wish I had grabbed a picture of him laying there in the bed in recovery. He was totally bundled up and looked so little. It took him a little while to come out of anesthesia but he did great. I got him dressed and out we went. I was thanking the nurses and said Good-bye, with that Blake started waving. I love that even drugged he was still a happy kiddo! On the way out the door he rubbed one of his eyes and it immediately started to bleed. I was totally nervous that he had pulled out a stitch or messed something up but the nurse said it was normal for a day or two. Yeow!
Once we got home he slept for a bit but other wise, he was right back to his energetic self. I was sad to see his IV bruise but was relieved to find out that they give kids some gas that knocks them out, then they put in the IV. Tony loved the cuddles that he gave afterwards.
For a week or two the inside corners of his eyes were blood shot but otherwise, you couldn't tell anything had been done (well, except that BOTH eyes were looking at you now). He did great and we are so thankful that everything went so well! Way to go little dude!
11 comments:
Hey T... Sorry I haven't called for a while. I was just thinking about you today. So happy the surgery went well. I have to admit I kind of teared up reading about little Blakey having surgery. He is so adorable. Boys rock!!!
For real, he is awesome! I am so proud of him and his sweet mamma. I would've been a total basketcase! He does appear to be looking straight ahead (although, I admit that I'm so in love with him, I never noticed a problem!). I'm so excited for him. As for Blakers not feeling the 'stranger danger' vibe, I'd almost rather my kids went to everyone than no one. I'd go nuts if Mason was a total Mamma's boy!
I'm glad to hear that everything went well!! He is so cute!!
So glad everything went well. What a great kid! I'm glad he went through surgery so calm. Give him a big hug from the Bods.
We are so glad to hear that it all went well! Blake you are such a trooper, way to go buddy!
So glad to hear that everything went well. What a great little dude to do so well at such a grown up event. He is such a cutie.
Brings tears to Grandma's eyes--my brave little man! I love you, Blake, and I'm so grateful for good doctors and the loving care you can count on from your mommy, daddy, and big sisters.
So much love, Grandma Debbi
Glad the bunny cake worked out. Next year try the gas stations for the snow ball tails.
I am so glad that everything went well! What a cutie!
I'm so happy for him...and for you guys to have that over with! He's such a cutie!
too, too cute. glad it is over with and glad it was successful!
Post a Comment