Monday, March 2, 2009

Great Grandma Close!!!

We had Tony's Grandma in town for a while and it was AWESOME! She is 82 and I have no idea where she gets her energy from. One afternoon I caught her rolling down the hill with Aliya. The kids absolutely adore her and Blake rapidly became her little shadow. I loved having her all to myself everyday. We had so much fun and cant wait until she comes back. The morning after she left, Blake walked into her room a couple times and you could tell he missed his buddy. Thanks so much for your visit Grandma, we cant wait to see you again!
This picture was taken the night she left. The kids had just got out of their baths and were ready for bed. I don't know why I am so forgetful to take pictures. There are so many fun memories I wish we'd captured!
In her suitcase, Grandma brought a whole bunch of toys. Each day the kids would get to pick a surprise. One of Blake's presents was this little puzzle. I figured he was way too young but Grandma got him putting in most of the pieces by the end of her time here. Each time after he'd put the correct shape in the hole, she'd clap or give him a high 5. He loved it!
Grandma taught my girls how to play Bunco. Tae was so excited. She's heard me talk about it and has asked me to teach her but I never find the time. Grandma was so patient and the girls loved it. Aliya has some great rolling skills! That girl was constantly getting baby Buncos! I just might take her with me to my next Bunco night!
Here is Grandma enjoying a nice cold one at the park! Busted!
We had to take her to feed the ducks. Aliya helped herself to Grandma's piece. She had Grandma wrapped around her finger!
Blake loved getting to sit and play with Grandma. She'd patiently turn the Jack-n-the Box thing over and over (I don't do that. Kid gets it once from me then has to just look at the thing). I love how patient Grandma's are. Thanks Grandma for being so patient, kind and loving to me and my family!

3 comments:

Ticey said...

Grandma is the GREATEST!!! She is always so fun with her great-grandkids and always has a prize :) I'm glad your kids got to spend time with Grandma!!

lactja said...

Now, did you say you serve breakfast over there, cause if you do we are next on the list! ; )

Unknown said...

Sorry dear, no breakfast! Although I do make homemade bread that you can eat for breakfast. My neurons dont function until about 11 so its generally cold cereal, frozen waffles or toast!