My parents came to town the weekend before Thanksgiving and we had a blast. They were able to plan their trip so they could be here for Aliya's dance recital and Tae's last soccer game (pics to come on both). I love when they come because there is zero entertaining involved. They enjoy just playing with the kids. This is their third trip down to see us and I have yet to take them out of my 5 mile radius. Maybe one of these times we'll take them somewhere . . . doubt it but its still a worthy goal!
My Dad gives infamous neck kisses. They send chills strait to your toes. Once he did that to Blake, Blake was his best buddy. He'd get so excited whenever he saw my Dad.
Aliya isn't one to be left out so she came up with her own game for everyone to play. Her directions lasted a little long and no one understood what was happening but she had a ton of fun being the boss -- shocker I know!
My Dad got the girls an "I-spy" type Christmas book that the girls loved. Only grandparents have the patience for those things!
Just like any out of town guests, we took my parents to feed the ducks. This HUGE goose followed my dad everywhere. He was eating right out of his hand. Heaven forbid that goose get too friendly with my Dad -- he's been known to kick a swan or too (a swan was attacking he and Tony last time we were in Sun Valley. Tony was being nice trying to push the swan away. Dumb thing went after my Dad and got a swift kick to the gizzard!)
Aliya discovered that she had a lot of power over the birds and ducks. She'd scream and yell towards them. Poor things!
We enjoyed getting to walk Tae to school each a.m. Thanks for your visits Mom and Dad. We had a ton of fun and cant wait for you to come back. I say you change your tickets for Aunt Becky's and come see us again -- the weather is a heck of a lot nicer!
3 comments:
No way! They are coming to my house and it's freezing cold, but like at your house...who cares! We don't do anything really anyway! haha I wish I could come for the nice weather!
Looking forward to some "kisses" and shopping and some games being played...fun times. Not to mention sugar cookies :) haha
Thanks for feeding them good and entertaining them so that when the come here they will just want to relax and eat out every meal :)
haha! First of all.. GREAT Pics of the U vs. Y Game! I heard you guys had a lot of fun! Second... Blake is so freakin cute!! Third... we might be moving to ARIZONA baby! You guys better not be planning another move!
It's fun to see pictures of your parents - it reminds me of hanging out in Finland with you guys! I miss that. You guys look great. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment