Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pumpkin Pickin'

Last night for FHE we headed to a local pumpkin patch to pick our own pumpkins. The girls were super excited and had wanted to do it for a while. It was a sad, sad patch! There were so few pumpkins to pick from but the girls loved it! Aliya started the evening out all smiles and so happy. Little did we all know that within 10 minutes, the girl would be hysterical and in tears. Oh dear! Continue on to see her drama!
Tony had a lot of fun helping Blakers pick out his pumpkin. He'd let him touch and hold each pumpkin until they found the 'perfect' one.  This is yet another reason why its good my kids have a Dad. I'd just carry the kid around.
Taeya had fun picking the pumpkins. She wanted to make sure we got size appropriate pumpkins.
This was the experience ender! I guess the owners had started to irrigate the garden so there were little "rivers" (as Tae called it) of water on the ground. Tony had been off helping Aliya find a pumpkin and helped her jump across some water. After she jumped, she slipped in the mud.  Since Tony was holding her hand (with Blake and a pumpkin in the other hand), it tweaked Tony's balance which pulled him forward into the muddy bog.  To his credit, he didn't drop Blake or the pumpkin.  After I stopped laughing and snapping pictures, I went to grab Blakers and MY foot got stuck in the mud. Finally, I got Blake so Tony could get himself and Aliya out of the mud. Aliya's feet and flippies were filthy and "ewie" with mud. She sat there for 5 minutes trying to get her flippies back on. Each time she'd stick a toe on it and start crying "its ewie-ewie". Needless to say we paid for our pumpkins and ended another adventurous FHE at the Dickamore house! 

8 comments:

Amy Peterson said...

Looks like all those football years helped with the non drop of the pumpkin or Blakers! I love that you just took pictures and laughed! Oh that is classic!

Unknown said...

You have the best stories! Where did you find a pumpkin patch around here?

Ticey said...

Your posts seriously just crack me up - you guys have the best stories. Can we come hang out with you??

Marky said...

Tami your post always make me laugh, and put a smile on my face! What a fun family home evening glad you got some good pumpkins!

Sarah said...

Poor Aliya! Glad Blake didn't get a mouthful of mud. That would be ewie!

Frehner Family said...

That is funny. That's something that would happen to us except that our boys wouldn't mind the mud and I'm sure it would have started a mud slingn' fight.

They look like a very happy family though. Fun stuff.

Mothe said...

I am sad that you couldn't come and get pumpkins out of Uncle Kevin's patch.......he had really good ones with no rivers running through the field! But then we would not have gotten to hear about and see this fun outing...what special memories you are making as a family!! I love you all, Aunt Becky

Karin said...

Great shots! Seeing you guys in shorts kinda reminds me of taking James and Taeya to Linder Farms 4 years ago. or not. But there WAS mud!