Now that the weather has FINALLY started to cool off (by cool off I mean like 100-105 degrees) we've started back on our family walks. The girls love to ride their bikes wherever we are going. We often set out to go on an adventure (that means to try and go a new way) but inevitably we end up the lakes (we call them the duck ponds) and the playgrounds. Along the way our girls 'found' this fun tree that was perfect for climbing. How sad is it that our kids have never climbed a tree? Most of the trees here are pretty scrawny or are really prickly.
The other thing I freak out about is an obnoxious bug called a Cicada. They live in trees and make the most hideous buzzing sound. It drives me crazy. They love the hot time of year so anytime you go outside all you hear is this constant buzzing. I have yet to see one of these ugly suckers but I am NOT letting my kids climb up trees where they live. We didn't hear them near this tree so figured we were safe (doubt it but it made me feel better). Thanks Amy, I pirated your Cicada picture!
The other thing I freak out about is an obnoxious bug called a Cicada. They live in trees and make the most hideous buzzing sound. It drives me crazy. They love the hot time of year so anytime you go outside all you hear is this constant buzzing. I have yet to see one of these ugly suckers but I am NOT letting my kids climb up trees where they live. We didn't hear them near this tree so figured we were safe (doubt it but it made me feel better). Thanks Amy, I pirated your Cicada picture!Granted the girls were in flipflops but they still had fun. And before I get a few snide comments, no, we did not make Tae leave her helmet on (if anyone we would have made Aliya -- she is a walking accident most days). She had been riding her bike and didn't want to take it off!
8 comments:
I have loved your passed posts. The lawn mowing and mud, and broccoli. What a cute family you have. I know what you mean about trees. I realized a few years ago, what I really missed and that was hearing the leave blow in the wind. Our home in SV, you go out side and never once do you hear that sound. I grew up with two huge trees in our front yard and that sound is ingrained in my brain, I love it. I guess that is a good thing now, we do have trees in our front yard.
Eww that bug is gross. I hate bugs - they ruin everything. I'm glad they found a fun tree to climb. That is always fun :)
OOH the cicadas!! About four years ago we had the CRAZY 17 year cicadas come out (like, burrow out of the ground) here in Maryland and they were EVERYWHERE. Truly. It was so loud outside you couldn't hear yourself think :)
I think I might be going deaf because of the constant buzzing of the Cicadas! Thank heavens I have only heard them and not seen them- that would be a major freak out!
That nasty bug looks like it's mating all the time. EEWWW, and you can't tell me that I was the only one that thought that.
That stinks! I didn't know AZ had cicadas - and I was soooo looking forward to leaving them in Kentucky! I can't stand the sound either! Love the tree climbing pictures, especially with the bike helmet. Audrie just wears hers walking around the house - some days it is necessary!
I'm happy the girls got to finally climb a tree.. they looked like they were having lots of fun!! And I love the picture with Blake and the broccoli, he is so cute!
Well, you just lost any shot of me visiting you with that cicada business. Not a chance in hell I'm getting anywhere near one of those. Still shuddering. Yuck!
Post a Comment