Monday, September 29, 2008

Start of Huntin' Season

Tony and I have got a great weekend schedule figured out. He gets up early with the kids while I sleep-in on Saturday and then I get up on Sunday. Its great because we each get a day to lay in bed until whenever we want - well, within reason. Blakers has started to find his lungs and now usually yells all morning long. The girls are generally quite until Taeya does something and Aliya starts screaming. Tony can sleep through most of the noise but I always wake up (and then lovingly go back to sleep). Last Saturday my cute hubby took the kids out for a "Breakfast Picnic" at the park so I could sleep uninterrupted. 
Blake loved eating outside. He is one of those super curious kids that is always looking at everything around him. You'd think we never take him outside. (Side note: Can I tell you how proud I am of Tony for thinking to grab the camera? Granted he took our old camera -- I've threatened him with certain death if he starts playing w/ and messes up our new one -- but he not only thought to bring it, but took pictures. Kudos honey!)
Blakers LOVED watching the geese, ducks and pigeons. They are not afraid of people at all. They'll get so close, there are times I am afraid they are going to nip at my kids.
This was the method Tony used to keep Blakers on the blanket. I bet Aliya was in her glory because she got to keep Blake from doing something he wants to do.  She is constantly taking things away from him and blocking his path. Ah, the joys!
Finally the great hunter escaped and all that was left was a bunch of feathers. I am assuming he let out a loud war cry (okay, it was most likely a scream) before he started after the birds.

8 comments:

Beck said...

I love that it in pic #1, you get proof it's tony by a little bit of his finger adn his hairy knee :) I love that he's ok taking him out in mismatched pj's. Funny thing about Tex, he would never do that! Funny huh?! (well one take the kids for breakfast he made or put together or 2 take him out in pjs!) Way cute! I miss you little pond and the dog park. Will you ask them if they want a roaming dog? i could bring jet by ?!?!

Marky said...

What a sweet dad Tony is, and I'm very impressed he remembered the camera!! Looks like they had a great breakfast.. And I think I'm going to mention that idea to Dan about taking turns sleeping in! :0)

Ticey said...

What an awesome dad he is and way to go to remember to take the camera Ton!! Looks like they had fun!!!

linda said...

What a cutie pie, he is so big.

Unknown said...

Aren't good husbands wonderful?? I would be the worst single parent ever! And that goose is so mean. I'm afraid of it!

Tam said...

Ah, Tony's not afraid of a little goose. My dad taught him a 'nice' trick a couple years ago. We were up in Sun Valley and this swan kept attacking Tony's legs. Tony was being nice and kept trying to push it away. Swan went after my dad who gave it a not-so-soft kick aside the head. Tony still laughs when he tells the story, especially when he gets to the part of the loud "thump" that was heard. Needless to say the swan left us alone after that!

Brandy said...

Oh we TOTALLY take turns on the weekend. I chose Sundays to get up early with Mason. Church is early and so I try to make it sometimes. That just means I'm getting a 1 yr. old ready by myself. I can't imagine how you get 3 ready and the girls' hair looking so cute! By the way, I used to hate earplugs until now. Mason and Josh can't be quiet on Saturday mornings, so I am all about the earplugs and eyemask!
I think this was a way cute post and for sure kudos to Tony. He's a really good dad. I love to know that about him. As for the geese, Josh would've thrown food AT them (or rocks, if any were nearby)! I'm happy your kids had a blast and that you got to sleep! I know how precious good sleep is.

Amy Peterson said...

HE HE- I love that your dad totally kicked the swan! Those birds can get scary!