Wednesday, August 13, 2008

This Dr makes house calls!

While we were in Utah Taeya hadnt been feeling too hot for a couple days and then we found out that Grandma Nette Nette had strep throat. Luckily for us Uncle Steve was down from Montana and gave her a thorough going over. She checked out pretty good.  Steve is a really laid back doctor. I appreciate that he is a 'wait it out' kind of provider. I am so not the parent that takes my kid to the Dr when they are sick. As long as they are breathing well, their fever isnt too high and they dont have weird symptoms, I think their bodies know how to (and need to) fight off stuff.

Whenever we are at my parents home I have no worries about emergencies or sick kids. My Dad is a doctor and my Mom is a nurse so no matter what funky symptoms my kiddos have, someone is guaranteed to know what on earth is happening with them. If my parents don't know, then its time to call Uncle Steve. Free health care is awesome!

2 comments:

Frehner Family said...

that is awesome! paying for health care sucks. Especially when you know they are gonna send you away and say wait it out.

Unknown said...

I'm the same way about doctors and sick kids - however, my husband isn't! He seems to feel better after we see the doc or the ER; it just makes me feel broke! They never seem to provide any added insight except to ease your worrying.