Taeya wanted to celebrate her sixth birthday in Utah with her cousins. She wanted to go swimming and 4-wheelin'. Easy enough for me! So on Saturday we went swimming at Papa Bruce's pool. The kids all love the water so it was a ton of fun. My girls have gotten spoiled with Phoenix swimming pools so kept complaining that they were freezing (it really was cold - I wouldn't go near the water).
Afterwards we went and had a picnic at the Elementary school behind my parents house. There is where we let the kids loose on the 4 wheelers - nice big open area with few targets. Last summer, before Blake was even born, Papa Bruce bought two 4-wheelers for my kids: one for Blake (his first grandson) and one for the girls. Spoiled rotten! My kids and their cousins have had so much fun driving those things around. Its nice to find things that a range of kids can do (my nieces and nephews range in age from almost 16 down to Blake). I love it too! I admit I don't like the big 4-wheelers, they scare me. These little guys have an adequate amount of 'umph for me. There were a couple close calls but Taeya was the first, and only, kid to crash. She decided to jump the curb and attempt to take the 4-wheeler onto the playground. Luckily Daddy was there to save the day!
It was such a great day to spend with family. My kids love their cousins and wish they could be closer to them. I am so appreciative that when we come for a visit my sweet sister-in-laws clear their schedules so the kids can play. I do think my kids miss out on lots of fun occasions living so far away. I guess that's why we try to cram so much cousin-fun into a couple days. Thanks for spending time with us and celebrating Taeya's birthday with us!
Taeya hadn't been feeling too well so she spent quite a bit of the time out of the water. Luckily Uncle Ben kept her company. Guess she taught him thing or two. He doesn't quite have the proper "baby bird" form down yet.
Aliya and the oldest cousin, Jessie. We've been trying to get her to come nanny for us in the summer but the girl is so stinkin' busy with sports. She is fabulous with my kids and they all love her too!
Like the pink helmet? The boy cousins got a kick out of wearing it. You'd think a bunch of 11 year old boys would be embarrassed to wear a pink helmet but they thought it was 'cool'.
Tony's brother Ben has a wienie dog named Chloe. Damn dog was almost ran over by my six year old. Ben ran to help Tae get unstuck and Chloe ran after him. Luckily Chloe survived!
2 comments:
How fun.. Luckily Chloe was ok!:0) I'm glad Taeya had such a good birthday.
You crack me up Tami, I seriously get so excited to read on your blog because it is always good for a laugh!! Love Ya
Post a Comment