Monday, April 21, 2008



Taeya lost her first tooth last night and I am kind of sad. Having her go to all day Kindergarten was a piece of cake but this first lost tooth has hit me. She is getting too big! It has been loose for a week or two and Tony has been threatening to pull it out for a couple days. I kept saying it wasn't ready (I think it was me who wasn't ready). Last night she really wanted to get it out so I said fine, lets do it!

Tony originally tied a piece of floss around her tooth. Aliya, being her usual mischievous self, somehow got a hold of the string and gave it a nice little tug. After that Tony was smart enough to tie it to the door (I had to keep her away from the door because she kept trying to shut it). Then he told Tae she could shut the door when she was ready. Little tyke kept walking forward as she'd shut the door. Poor Tony kept telling her it was going to hurt and that she didn't need to do it if she wasn't ready (can you tell he had some major issues with his teeth as a kid?). All of a sudden she shut the door and out it popped. We were all shocked, including Taeya. The little sucker was just dangling from the floss! Aliya's face was one of pure disgust when she saw the gaping hole in Taeya's mouth.

Taeya was so thrilled!  In fact, she didn't want the Tooth Fairy to come last night because she wanted to look at it more today. Thanks to her Grandpa Bruce, she 'somehow' got the idea that a good Tooth Fairy would bring her $10 for her first tooth. I think the Grandpa Tooth Fairy might have to cough up the $10 cuz this Tooth Fairy is way too cheap!

6 comments:

Beck said...

oh don't do it! Because then when she only gets a buck, then that's disappointment! Maybe do a buck and some special quarters or a Susan B. Anthony... got a $2 bill anywhere still? Seriously... start it with Tae and you have to pass it down the line :) Good Luck, first time Fairies!!! (I always new Tony had a little fairy in him, just took some time to come out!)

Frehner Family said...

so funny! Dacia lost her first tooth on Saturday also! and if you think asking for a $10 is bad..my daughter told me she wanted the tooth fairy to bring her a Nintendo DS...we had to have a heart to heart about the tooth fairies abilities...she's a little fairy after all. And besides her specialty were coins in mine and corby's home..so~ she had it coming

The Bodily Family said...

We have the worst fairy in the world. She forgets to come or puts it under the wrong pillow and several times the dang fairy has had to write my kids letters explaining her(him)self to the kids. What can I say 5 kids leads to frazzled and very tired fairies that have terrible memories. Fortunately, the kids like the letters.

Anonymous said...

Man these kids grow up quick. Way to go Taeya on slamming the door!

Steve & Katie said...

I am surprised Tony didn't pass out when he saw a little blood....way to be brave Tony!!!

Steve

Taeya - you're amazingly brave!!! I don't think I could have shut the door like you did. Way to go!!!

Kate

Deb said...

In our family, when grandpa makes the comment, grandpa gets the bill!

The tooth fairy at our house is very similar to the one at Holly's. Poor, picked on kids! When she finally does come, it is a Susan B. Anthony, and yes, they still do remember/ question their grandpa's "donation"...