Friday, May 28, 2010

She's bangin'!

Well, it finally happened. For years I've been saying that Aliya was going to cut her own hair. Surprisingly enough SHE didnt do it, it was me! One afternoon in March I was feeding Kai. Aliya was in the room w/ me watching TV. After about 15 minutes she said "Mom, this is stuck". I looked over to find a comb wrapped around the front of her hair. It was securely wrapped too. I worked for a good 20 minutes trying to unwrap any little strand of hair. Nope! I got Peanut Butter trying to grease it up to see if I could get some hair off the comb. Nope! I even tried cutting off the individual teeth on the comb but that didnt work. Little imp had it so stinking tight. Finally after about 40 minutes I gave up and cut a CHUNK of her hair off. You can tell how much she likes it so far!
I'll post some pictures later. She like it at first because she thought she looked like Demi Lovato. She has now decided to grow them back out (pain in my hiney)!

2 comments:

Krysta said...

Ahhhh! The growing out stage is almost worse than the actual cutting. Bangs are too hard to maintain for kids.

Bart & Penny Murray said...

I'm so sorry Aliya, you don't look happy at all. Tam I'm glad you explained that you put peanut butter in her hair. I'm looking at that comb thinking gross comb :)