I hate pregnancy-induced-insomnia. I don't know why I get it but I do. In fact, that is how we figured out I was prego w/ #3 and #4. So here it is, 2:30 and I am WIDE AWAKE. Doesn't my body know I need sleep? Nope! Ah well, time to get back on Unisom. I figured rather than lay there 'resting' like I should, I'd be somewhat productive and blog (I've been doing it in my head the past 30 minutes but that accomplishes squat).
First, my girlfriend Sara has started a business in California. If you are in the LA area (hey, I sound like the Price is Right guy) check out her website: www.downtowncooking.com. She is a killer chef and as a bonus, if you link her blog w/ yours, she'll email you her KILLER German Chocolate Cake recipe. I love it because the girl is not afraid of butter or cream - YUM!
Second: Aliya. Seriously, we are in such trouble with that child. Earlier today after swim lessons, we were stopped at an intersection when I hear her say "Look, Cowboys". There were two city workers wearing cowboy hats, bright orange vests and each had a wrapped up orange electric extension cord. I got a kick out of that but then when they started to walk near us, she rolled down her window and CAT CALLED "Hey Cowboys". I, of course, broke out laughing. She followed it up by asking "Where's your horse?" She is FOUR! Honestly, where on earth did this kid come from?
Lastly, today/yesterday we had Tae's bday party. I am so not a big party person. I told her she could pick one or two friends (it turned into three but that was somewhat do-able) and we'd have a 'special' day. My girls are obsessed with FoodTV's Cake Challenges where professional cake decorators compete in designing/decorating the best cakes. That's what she wanted and dumb me was not smart enough to say NO. So we picked up her three friends and headed to lunch at Sonic (YUCK). Afterwards we came back here to decorate the SLEW of cakes I baked. Note to self, NEVER DO THIS AGAIN! They had ton of fun and pictures are to follow another day but I thought one of their conversations was funny/annoying etc. The girls were going around the table talking about what they wanted to be when they grew up. One girl, who has a funny personality, said she wants to be somebody that "sits on the couch all day, eating and watching TV". Another little girl (who's Mom works full-time) immediately replied "Oh, so you want to be a stay at home Mom?". Really? I just made a zillion cakes and 70 pounds of butter cream frosting and you said that? GRRR!
Enough for my middle of the night ranting and ravings. Hopefully there will be more blog posts to come!
5 comments:
I love your posts. They sure are mood enhancing. I love the humor that comes from aliya. Seriously funny. Good luck with the sleep issue. I on the other hand feel like I can't get enough most days. Oh well. Such is the life of pregos eh?
Sorry for your sleepless nights....at least it gave you time to write this post and give me a chuckle! Thanks!
I'm sorry for your sleepless nights. Get on FB and entertain me, since I'm usually up too. Of course, my blogging has not seen the benefits of my insomnia, but Mafia Wars sure has.
I am highly impressed with the ga-zillion cakes you made and definitely want to see pics. You really are a great Mom for all the trash talk you give yourself.
I'm with you on the 'growl' that stay at home moms do nothing. Now that I'm back to work part time, 'nothing' seems like a lot more than it was.
Tam you make me laugh! You are a AWESOME Mom! Please tell Tae Happy Birthday! Sounds like she had a awesome party thanks to a great Mom!
Now that I'm finally able to make comments on posts (I have no clue what happened for a few months) you have to send me your email address so I can email you the recipe. :) sarajensen1@gmail.com
You're a babe.
Congrats on your move! We might be in Dallas next month visiting my sister and if we are maybe we can make a day trip out to see you. I can't believe it's been 10 years since I last saw you.
Post a Comment