Monday, December 15, 2008

Family Photo's!

Each year I envision grand Christmas cards going out the first of December. I can imagine the comment about the kids "Oh, I love Blake's Mohawk", "Look how big the girls are" or "Dang, that's a lot of hair", etc. I even make lists of the people I intend to mail them to. Yet inevitably, I DON'T DO IT. Why you ask? I don't know! I LOVE receiving Christmas cards. I love watching kids grow that I no longer see.  I love the surprise in finding out families have new members added over the past year. I love to read about what people do and enjoy feeling like I was there for a small part of their lives. I have no excuse except that I am lazy I guess. Nope, that's not it because I already have the envelopes addressed.  This year will probably go down like all the others! Maybe I'll save all the addressed Christmas envelopes and send out 'we're moving' cards since that should be happening soon! Excuse or not, these are probably it for our Christmas cards so . . . 
Merry Christmas and we love you!

While my dad was here he tried to get some cute family pics for our Christmas cards (see, I have great intentions. Its just the follow through where I am lacking). This one may have made the cut had Tae not been pulling a face. Why is it that at least one kid is always pulling an ugly face?
Check out Blakes expression. We call that his dumb jock look. He's got it down pat! We were just watching the ducks/swans/geese. Its one of our favorite to do here!
Poor Aliya is just a head!
Immediately after this picture I ended up on my hiney in duck poop! Yummy!
This one might have have been coming to your home had I actually gotten them developed!
Cute little Aliya! She looks like such an angel!
Our little monkeys. They had had it by the end of pictures but they perked right up when they got to play on the tree!
He is the biggest monkey of them all!

Our gorgeous Taeya!

11 comments:

Keller Klan said...

Darling Family!! Send out Merry Christmas by the way we are moving cards! I got my cards out but my house is nasty, didn't make dinner for days and the boys were neglected. Haa haa something has to give! Love ya girl!

Unknown said...

Love the pictures! We're not doing Christmas cards this year either so thank you for making me feel better!

Bart & Penny Murray said...

I love the pictures! I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks about sending family pics and Christmas cards and than not doing it. You said something about moving? Hope to Utah!!!

Frehner Family said...

I too am joining the cardless clan. I told Corby that we needed to get pictures done so we could get cards out but, lately, it's not a priority to be honest with you. We got a really cute one of the kids with Santa. If I can get my scanner to work I will post it and do blog Christmas cards. The old fashioned way is, well, old fashioned. Almost everyone I would send them to checks us out online so~ Why waste the money on stamps& cards. (do you like the way I talk myself into these things?)

Ticey said...

Hey I admire your intentions!! Well a card in the mail or on the blog I don't care I am happy with whatever!! So thanks for the Blogger card!! And hey look at it this way at least you don't have to spend money on stamps!! Love all the pictures and your kids really all are DARLING!! I hope you guys have a great Christmas and I hope we can see you guys soon!! Love you all!!

Brandy said...

I love the pictures. They turned out so cute! I love it! Holy cow, send out cards. I'll take mine in January, if it's that or none at all. Then again, only a select few got cards this year, since I hand made them. Only 25 people got them. I feel like crap for those other 25-50 people who got screwed! Oh well, I'm trying to send a little less ghetto cards out with at least one picture of Mason in it. Want one? Ha ha Email me your address and I'll mail you out one. I love to get cards too!

Marky said...

I think this is better than a Christmas card because you get to see a lot more pictures!! Maybe I'm just saying that cause I don't send out cards either... Anywho, they look darling!!

SKH said...

You are so smart. Me on the other hand just ordered my cards and am hoping to get them and mailed out some time before the new year? We will see if that happens, You may just get a card next christmas with a 2008 crossed out and a 2009 next to it. So email me you address (my email address in on my blog) and when you do move email me that one too just in case I don't get 'er done for this year.

Jeff said...

i freaking miss you guys.

Karin said...

ditto to everything you said... Of course your family is darling! last year our cards were new year's cards- b/c i HAD addressed everything and had already put forth some effort- this years would've been out Monday, except my lovely husband has an opinion on each photo I use... Maybe by Valentine's day... maybe.

McKelle said...

Family pics are always hard....that's why we've done them once! Yours turned out cute though, sorry bout the ducky poo!

It's been fun getting to know your cute family more!

Why are you guys lookin' to move?