Saturdays around our house is usually the day when we get lots of stuff done. As I've posted before, Tony is really good to include the kids in the work. I on the other hand, think its a lot easier, and faster, to just do it myself. I know that is not the best thing to do, that kids need to learn how to work, but I don't have the patience for it. Luckily Tony is very patient with things like that. A couple weeks ago, after hosing off the back patio, the work turned into fun. What started out as Tony spraying the girls 'a little bit' turned into a full fledged water fight - Blake included. I grabbed the camera and got a couple fun shots! I've learned is a lot safer to be behind the camera. If not, I am a walking target.
Blake loves being outside. Whenever the girls are playing outside and he is stuck inside, he stands up at the door and hits his hand against it, yelling the whole time. He had fun this day crawling back and forth and playing in the mud (and eating it as you will see from all his pictures. I initially came outside to find him choking on a leaf. I am so ready for him to stop putting everything, and I mean everything, in his mouth)!
This kid is all boy! Not only is he covered in dirt, water and mud, he also has a snail trail of boogers down to his elbow but he doesn't care.
Tony decided its never too young to teach kids how to work. He let Blake spray off the patio too.
This picture you may need to click on to get the full effect. Tony let Aliya help fill up the sled (yep, a sled in AZ! Tony insisted on moving it with us from Boise. It has never been used in the 3 years we've lived in AZ but the kids found a good use for it -- a white trash swimming pool). So our dear, innocent Aliya was filling up the pool and just 'happened' to aim the hose at her brothers head. Poor kid is constantly being bowled over, toys ripped away from and now an attempted drowning. Builds character right?
I don't think I've seen 3 kids 'swimming' in a snow sled before but they loved it. Who knows, we might break it out again next summer!
I thought this was a darling face! Thanks Tony for teaching our kids how to work and letting them be kids. If it was just me, we'd stay inside and color all day long!
6 comments:
Sweet little Blake - he is just so darling!! Those pictures all are so cute - looks like a fun time!!
That is to cute.. I love the pictures with Blake eating mud!! Your family is always having a good time and how great that they love to play together!
We arent always having fun -- I just document the fun. If I documented our daily lives, there would be a lot of crying, toy stealing, screaming, 'you're not my friend' and that is just from me!
Why can't you come home so Mason and Blake can abuse each other? At least it would be a fair fight! I really think this is one of my favorite posts in awhile. There is just something about kids AND ADULTS being soaked to the bone that I love. Thanks for posting and tell Tony thanks for being a great, fun dad! Us Moms can only be so fun after doing it from dawn until dusk.
As it's 34 degrees right now I can't even think of sleeveless shirts and water. HOW FUN! and the fact that blaker's is getting soooo big! I can't believe he'll be one this month....crazy!!! Glad to see a post :)
oh what fun, Nathan is the same way, really good at playing with them and letting them help out. Me not so much. I can't believe Blake will be 1 soon.
Post a Comment