While my parents were still in town (I'll probably blog that later) we decided to celebrate Blakers Birthday. Tradition is to let our kids have their own cake when they turn one. The girls had so much fun picking out colors (ew) and decorating it. We all totally thought Blake would ATTACK it. He is an incredibly messy eater and he has no problems playing in, and eating, dirt. Although he was hesitant at first, once he got the hang of it, he loved it!
Blake didn't much like the taste at first (I cant say I blame him though -- it was store bought frosting).
Tony is the nice Daddy who patiently showed him it was good. I just kept trying to stick his hand in it!
Now he's got the hang of it! At one point he flung his cake completely off his high chair!
He kind of looks like the lagoon creature from Scooby-doo!
Poor kid had this turquoise gunk everywhere! We're lucky the poor kid isn't blind! Happy Birthday little moose, we love you!
5 comments:
Oh how cute! I'm glad he liked his cake! I'm assuming that frosting came off?! the girls did a great job decorating his cake :)
Look at those gorgeous blue eyes!! I love them and those pictures are AWESOME!! That is the way to eat cake, just dig in and make a mess!! Happy Birthday Blaker!! I hope we can see you again sometime soon!!
Oh my Heck those are the funniest pictures!! I am still laughing about it.. I'm glad you enjoyed your cake Blake!!
i love it! reminds me of luke's first birthday bash. timid at first, then when they realize that it's actually ok to go crazy, they don't disappoint!
Cute! The girls did such a great job with his cake!
Post a Comment