Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

There is going to be a whole lot of Halloween posts! I've been taking a ton of pictures at all our Halloween events. On Monday night we carved pumpkins for FHE. I think its the first time we've ever carved pumpkins (Tony seems to think we did in Boise but I don't remember it -- shocker I know). Any who . . . we'd taken the kids to pick their own pumpkins the week before so each kiddo had their own. Taeya and Aliya had a ton of fun drawing the face they wanted on their pumpkins. I was impressed at their creativity. Aliya wanted 'lots and lots of teeth' while Tae wanted hers to be spooky. Blake just got the typical Jack-o-lanterns. I think this is definitely a tradition we'd like to continue (although next year I'll be a little bit better prepared -- there was a huge, sticky mess left in the kitchen). 
Aliya wasn't much of a fan of pulling out the pumpkin guts. She kept saying "Ewie, ewie" just like she did at the pumpkin patch. When did she become a sissy? That girl is my dirtiest kid yet!
Here are the kiddos with their finished products. 



2 comments:

Marky said...

I love carving pumpkins it's so fun!! I'm like Aliya though I think the guts are Eewie!! Cutest kids.. :0)

Ticey said...

So cute!! I love carving pumpkins - I think it is a fun Halloween tradition. But I too am like Aliya - I hate the guts, ewie for me too!!